Sunday, October 27, 2013

What I think about when i think about act 3

Hamlet's decision to reenact his father's murder is brilliant. It is sneaky yet open where everyone sees but only Hamlet and Claudius really know what it is. Before hand, I had guessed Claudius would react to where Hamlet would notice but I did expect him to cry and run out of the room and feel as much remorse as he showed. It was also shocking for me to read that Hamlet found his uncle kneeling asking for forgiveness in his room. Another event that was an upset for me, was that Hamlet was so careful before act 3 on how to kill Claudius and restrained himself when he saw his uncle praying but as soon as he heard a shuffle behind the curtains when talking to his mother, he instantly killed the person with his sword certain that it was his uncle but in fact was Polonius.

No comments:

Post a Comment