Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What A Character

*SPOILER ALERT (Don't read this if you haven't read "The Faults in Our Stars" because it will ruin a fantastic book you all NEED TO READ)

Out of all the books I have read, Augustus Waters from "The Faults in Our Stars" is by far my favorite character. Unlike other romance novels, like Nicholas Sparks, the book has such a unique story about love and I think the main reason for this is Augustus. He is an extremely unordinary teenager. He approaches every opportunity with a sole purpose of leaving a mark, and I think this is because of everything he has gone through: losing his right leg to osteosarcoma and battling cancer for the second time. From the start of the novel you see his charm, wit, confidence, good looks, and humor. He expresses a huge sense of optimism during the entire novel, yet he knows his days are coming to an end very quickly. I have a difficult time describing him just because he is so unique and unlike any character I have ever encountered, and I don't think anyone can understand how amazing he is until you read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment