Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Launch

I think when people look at me and my life in general, they think "her life revolves around soccer." And if you look on instagram, twitter, basically any social media site I have, the main focus IS soccer. However, like most people, we don't express all of our passions equally. I love reading, but I don't share that with everyone I meet. I enjoy reading because it gives me a break from my chaotic life and I get to step into a different world for the time being. I completely forget about my surroundings and connect with the author and the characters he/she created. And that is why I don't share this part of my life so openly. It's something I enjoy doing alone. Don't get me wrong though, I love talking about what I've read, just don't interrupt me while I'm reading. Annette and I have gotten into some good conversations about some of the books we've both read. For our masterpiece, Annette and I plan to take those books we have both read, related to, and really understood the author and analyze them like we do with AP readings. We have both had difficulties relating to most of the books we've read this year in class, so I think we both want to prove that we do enjoy reading and can analyze a book in a way that would be worthy of an AP exam. The books we have chosen to complete this task are The Faults in Our Stars, Looking for Alaska, The Hunger Games, and The Host. The first two novels are by the same author and so our plan is to compare what literary techniques he tends to use in his writing. The other two are dystopia-like, similar to Brave New World which we are currently reading in class.

When I first completed the launch draft, I was leaning towards my passion for kids and what I was planning on doing in my future, becoming an elementary teacher. And on the surface, the masterpiece Annette and I have created doesn't focus on that at all. But I put some thought into it, and it actually does. Working and collaborating with Annette over these next few months is exactly what I will have to do with my fellow colleagues in the future. We will have to plan our lesson plans, that need to be similar so all the children get the most out of their schooling and that we follow the requirements. Finally, teaching the class on the books we have read is good practice for what I will be doing everyday as an elementary teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment