Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Crossroad Between Should and Must

Articles like this one, or any "make you think" type things, always get to me, and make me re-evaluate what I am doing with my life. When I get older, I want to look back and see how the fun and memorable experiences I have created during my lifetime. Personally, I can say I have made some great ones so far, but I know there is plenty of time left on my clock and I'm not entirely sure what I want to do yet.

Currently, I have taken the "should" path with school, because everything seems pointless now. I know where I am going to college, I know what I want to major in, and what job I want, yet high school has trapped me from going out and doing what I want. However, I plan on taking the "must" path in college. I want to make the most out of those four years, before I really have to settle down and focus on my job. My job, however, will be what I love to do, spend time with kids. But in college, or the years right after, I want to travel and be adventurous.

However, after all that being said, I do want to take the "must" path now. Maybe not with school, but with other areas of my life. We are all young and should be enjoying life, and nothing can stop us.

No comments:

Post a Comment